Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cold weather islander

I always wonder, how being away from home for so long is changing me. As the snow storms rage across the US, the most obvious is how I view cold weather. As an islander, my personal vision of hell is always cold cold cold. I remember how scared I was for my first winter. But my body is changing. Yesterday, it was 19 degrees here in Lincoln and I thought, "How wonderful! What a nice day, I shouldn't have worn so many layers." And I remember the last time I was in Jamaica and I first stepped out of the airport... it was so hot and humid, that for a few seconds, my body panicked... I couldn't breathe!!!

A few seconds later, I remembered. And I thought... this is wonderful. This is how weather is supposed to be. I stepped into my mom's car and went home....

No comments: