Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hate Crime


    •  Below is a facebook conversation with a friend


      Him: oh btw....did i tell you about my beating?
  • Me:
    about an hour ago
    • ?
    • no
  • Him:
    about an hour ago
    • a couple of weeks ago...i was walking back home from a friend's place ...a party....got jumped by 4 white guys.....got pretty much the shit kicked out of me
    • my shoulder's messed up....doing physical therapy these days
  • about an hour ago
    Me:
    • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • are you OK...ish?
    • no permanent damage right?
    • did you get a look at them?
    • tell the police?
  • Him:
    about an hour ago

    • yeah....improving... have not been to the gym in a month...
    • not permanent no...hopefully...
    • yeah...they drove by me on my way back....yellled at me ....slowed the car down....i told em to fuck off...they parked the car...ran to me...told me to apologize....and i did...cuz i didnt want trouble....and they said i needed to apologize to them individuallly...i just tried to get out of the way and get home...and got called a brown bastard....and i told em they were being racist....

  • Him: 

    • at which point they decided to fuck me up...i got one guy in the face...but the others wrestled me down and kicked the crap out of me...i was unconscious for a few mins before some people from a frat house across the street came out and helped me up
    • the police
      came*....they took a statement ....and pics and a police report was 
      filed
  • Me:
    about an hour ago

    • I think Im going to cry




      Yes, I cried. I can't even articulate how angry, upset and terrified this makes me... on his behalf, on my own behalf. This stuff actually happens. Not just in movies. Not just far away or long ago. But here and now to your family and friends. I can't forget that this happened. I can't for one second forget.

No comments: