Monday, June 30, 2008

The mystery of Business Casual

Business casual attire is required for my job. What the hell IS business casual? For guys I can imagine the uniform: the khaki pants and those blue button-down shirts. Add some obsequiousness and you've got the perfect entry level I-banker or undergrad interviewee. But for women, it seems like a god-damn free-for-all. It's the kind of thing that you'll only know when you walk into the office and become painfully aware that you are inappropriately dressed and it's too late to save your dignity and salvage all those precious first impressions.

Oh Lord, I'm angsting again.

I'll see you tomorrow and let you know what I discover. Goodnight

1 comment:

Le Chat said...

jeez D, a black pencil/straight skirt and a blouse/shirt will do! -with some simple heels or open-toes, but no strappy-strappy shoes! [Imagine a woman in a business suit. That's business. Now imagine her without the suit jacket. That's basically business casual.]