Thursday, October 25, 2007

I got a job!!

It turns out, that interview did not go well at all. But my second and third went swimmingly and now I have a job!!!! It is like getting into college early decision again, but better!! Security is a wonderful thing.

All week my friends had been telling me that they were sure I had gotten the job. In part I think it was a defence mechanism - some of them had interviewed too - but now I think I also need to be grateful that I have friends who believe that much in me. At the same time, they might have just wanted to torture me... They knew I didn't want to get my hopes up.

One thing is a bit bizarre though. Right out of under-grad I'll be making more than my Dad. Mind you, my Dad is a surgeon. It just so happens that his job is undervalued and in a third world country while mine is over-valued and in a first world country. Makes you think that something is seriously wrong with a market that would pay me more than him.

No comments: